Personalized Family Therapy Services in Montgomery County, Maryland
Family difficulties can result from a wide variety of reasons. Sometimes breakdowns in communications, illnesses, destructive behaviors, financial concerns, traumatic events or other difficulties can fracture a family. OPCC family therapy services are designed to bring parents, children and other family members together, as needed, to address critical relationship concerns.
Common Reasons To Seek Family Therapy
- Grief & Loss
- Marital Conflicts & Problems
- Parent-Child Conflicts
- Trauma & Abuse
- Sibling Relationships
- The Impact of Chronic or Acute Illnesses on a Family
OPCC family therapy can be helpful in addressing and resolving many important issues–including preparing family members for major life events (such as divorce or remarriage), supporting relatives with mental health challenges, and addressing relationship dynamics. Depending on a family’s unique needs, our professional family therapists work to customize and guide specialized programs of therapy and counseling designed to facilitate constructive family conversations focused on improving the health and relations of the family unit.
Benefits of Family Therapy
- Learn strategies to successfully resolve family conflicts
- Improve communication skills among family members
- Strengthen relationships and the family unit
- Gain skills to better cope with family illnesses and conditions
- Experience positive family relations
- Learn how to show respect and support for family members
- Restore respect and trust among family members
- Improve understanding and support for family members
At OPCC, we understand that healthy family relations are the foundation of every successful family unit. It is our mission to help teach families to better communicate and support one another, no matter what challenges in life they may face.
Types of Family Therapy Offered At OPCC
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectic Behavior Therapy (DBT)
- Eclectic Family Therapy
- Intergeneration Family Therapy
- Strategic Family Therapy
- Structural Family Therapy
Find out if family therapy can help your family, call for more information – 301-570-7500.