Adolescent and Teen Therapy in Montgomery County, Maryland
Here at OCC, we help with adolescent and teen therapy. It can be exceeding challenging to navigate life as an adolescent or teen in today’s world. Forming a healthy, happy sense of self, addressing developmental issues, building positive familial and peer relationships, and dealing with the pressures of academics can pose difficulty for any youth today.
OCC offers adolescents, teens and their families the support they need to navigate life. We offer comprehensive services design to help evaluate, diagnose, treat and support some of the most common and not-so-common mental health challenges today. Our team of licensed, certified and experienced behavioral health specialists provide non-judgmental support and guidance to youth and families, no matter the need.
At Olney Counseling Center, our goal is to help adolescents, teens, and their families live happier, healthier lives.
Common reasons people seek adolescent and teen therapy or counseling services.
- Abuse – physical, mental or emotional
- Addiction or substance abuse
- Anger management
- Behavioral health concerns
- Bullying – as a behavior or victim of
- Changes in family life – parents separating/divorcing or family moves
- Coping with the aftermath of a traumatic event
- Coping with a major illness or disability
- Depression and overwhelming sadness
- Eating disorders – anorexia, binge eating, and bulimia
- Family conflicts
- Grief & loss of a friend or family members
- Loss of a relationship – close friend, girlfriend/boyfriend, or other
- Obsessive or compulsive behaviors
- Phobias and fears
- Sexual identity issues
- Stress and anxiety issues
- Teen pregnancy
- Tragic events in the community or the world
- School and social challenges
- Self-harm patterns
About OCC Adolescent & Teen Counseling Services
The OCC behavioral health team provides counseling services for the following conditions.
- Academic Management
- Anger Management
- Bullying & Conflict Resolution
- Communication Skills
- Coping Strategies
- Depression & Anxiety
- Destructive Behaviors
- Eating Disorders
- Grief & Loss
- Impulse Control
- Life Transitions
- Mental Health Disorders & Conditions
- Personal Development & Identity
- Relationship Skills & Guidance (Family, Friends, etc.)
- Self-Harm Behaviors (Cutting, Burning, etc.)
- Social Media Management
- Social Skills
- Stress & Anxiety
- Trauma & Abuse
Learn more about our professional therapy services for adolescents and teens, call today for more information or to schedule an initial consultation.